- 1.5oz simple syrup
- 1.5oz Beach Plum purée
- 1.5oz light rum
- 1/2 lime, cut into wedges
- 4–5 freshly picked mint leaves
- Club soda
Add simple syrup, Beach Plum purée, mint, and lime to pint glass. Muddle. Add rum and top with ice. Fill glass with club soda and stir with a bar spoon. Serve with a lime wheel and mint leaf.
Tips for a great mojito:
- Make sure the mint is completely detached from the stem before muddling or your drink will be bitter
- Use 1:1 simple syrup (most use 2:1). Let the Beach Plum be the main event
- Don’t be shy on the muddle! It should take at least 30 seconds
Create your own flight of wine for the holidays! The Washington Inn serves Stag Leap Petite Syrah, Reserve de la Sayrine Rosé, and Ancilla Lugana Ella—a non-sparkling Italian white wine. Flight glass holders, similar to shown, are available on Etsy.
Recipe courtesy of the Mad Batter
- 1/2 oz London dry gin
- 1/2 oz brandy
- 1/2 oz pear vodka
- 3/4 oz fresh lemon juice
- 3/4 oz simple syrup (1:1 ratio)
- 1 drop cinnamon tincture
- 1 drop clove tincture
- 6 drops chamomile tincture
- 1 fresh sage leaf (garnish)
- Freshly ground nutmeg (for the rim)
In a shaker, combine gin, brandy, vodka, lemon juice, simple syrup, tinctures, and ice. Shake. Double strain through a mesh sieve. Garnish with a sage leaf and a nutmeg rim.
“The Cape May Mariner has been a popular drink at Aleathea’s since before any of the present bartenders even started working here! It’s become a standby—one of our classic summer cocktails.”
- 1.5 oz orange vodka
- .75 oz Grand Marnier
- .375 oz pomegranate liquor
- .75 oz cranberry juice
- .75oz lime juice
Shake all ingredients over ice and serve with an orange wedge. Serve in a martini glass.
Henry Sawyer lovingly built The Chalfonte after an esteemed military career during the Civil War. In honor of the seaside retreat’s 140th season, enjoy this sweet sipping, refreshing cocktail—perfect for relaxing on the porch on a summer evening.
- 1 oz mango rum
- 1 oz coconut rum
- 1 oz key lime rum
- Pineapple juice
- Orange juice
In a shaker, combine rum and top with pineapple and orange juice. Add a splash of grenadine. Shake with ice. Can be enjoyed straight up or on the rocks. Serve with a cherry and lime to garnish.